Cathryn Mezzo attended the School of Visual Arts in New York City where she received a BFA in graphic design. She began her career as an art director for Omni magazine and Longevity magazine. She went on to work for the design firm Iridium, Inc., specializing in editorial and corporate design. After reading the book, The Artists Way, Cathryn was inspired to combine her experience as a designer with her love for fine art and began painting in 2001. She considers herself an “expressionist”, focusing on the emotion being conveyed through the subject matter—whether it be a human face or an old guitar.
- 2010 Woman's Group Art Show, Art That Matters, Oyster Bay, NY
- 2009 Thinking Inside the Box, Art That Matters (curated show), Oyster Bay, NY
- 2008 The Face, The East End Arts Council (juried show), Riverhead, NY
- 2008 Spring Art Show, The Studio, Westbury, NY
- 2007 Fall Art Show, The Studio, Westbury, NY
- 2005 Inside Out, The Lichtblick Gallery, Malverne, NY